Many of our children are reading, and they read a lot, they are read a lot by, peers, parents etc. Many of our children write “wrong” – they really write phonetically and hence it appear wrong.
While it is not wrong to ask for a correct spelling, it is also not right to label as wrong writing.
- Why ask for a right spelling – Because this is the way it looks and most people recognize it that way, hence to make a readable writing, we all write SAME spellings.
- Why not label as wrong writing – Because they are not wrong, kids write with sound and they do not feel (hear) as it wrong.
few things which we recommend at home
- READ READ READ – Read atlest one page a day, bring variety.
- WRITE WRITE WRITE – write to your child to read, child writes, you writes
- COPY COPY COPY – copy from a text, write a note and child copy………keep a slate and wrote spellings to copy
- Play word games – some of the games suggested in the kit – link below
- Label things around
- LOOK at spellings while reading
- DISCUSS the structure of the word while reading (share your objective with the child)
- INVOLVE your child in understanding his/ her writing
- Go through this webinar to understand about your child’s writing – click here