- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
An invited expert in any knowledge area spends time with the children and shares about his or her expertise. Children interested in attending these talks or activity-oriented sessions interact and gain exposure to how things are done in real world situations.
Live station is all about people from different walks of life stopping by to spend some value time with children at Aarohi”. The station have “domain experts” coming and showing / sharing / working with aarohi children.
This is to give children a wide exposure; a direct experience of the real world - something that they can see, feel, do, etc. Anyone, parents, friends of parents, friends of friends, anyone who is so passionate about their work or anyone who likes sharing with children can be part of the live station @ Aarohi. So the discipline can be anything,
- A gardener showing gardening skills,
- Home maker showing how to bake choco chip cookies,
- A person how he can juggle with balls,
- an electrician showing how to fix a fan, a computer geek showing how to make cute animations in flash,
- a doctor interacting and telling all about the profession etc.
- A musician coming and sharing what one musician can do, playing for children a piece and just spending some time with kids.
- Somebody with the skill of embroidery coming and working for few hours and demonstrating the skills. If any child wants to learn by their choice, they do with the expert.
- Some coming and assembling a speaker and children just get curious, get interested and may be assemble one with you :)
- A dancer sharing her dance.....
- A painter showing a painting demo.....
- A sales professional sharing his sales strategies.... ideas and opportunities are infinite....
FAQ's for the people visiting for live station
We need - A small introduction about you. The Introduction could include who are you? where you come from ..... to how you started doing what you do ... what was you inspiration etc... when, how, why, you started etc....
Will it be remunerated?
This is a voluntary event (which means visiting expert does not get remunerated). We are looking for enthusiastic people who want to showcase their skills and interact with children. If further the child is interested to learn more, child will connect with you and you charge for your time and efforts.
How will it benefit children?
Interacting with people and learning from them is part of our life learning curriculum. So interacting with you becomes vital and valuable for their learning. Children will benefit from exposure skills and different personalities. Visiting experts will benefit from interacting with children and getting to know their perspective.
Who all be coming?
Anyone, parents, friends of parents, friends of friends, anyone who is so passionate about their work or anyone who likes sharing with children. So the discipline can be anything, a gardener showing gardening skills, a lady showing how to bake choco chip cookies, a person how he can juggle with balls, an electrician showing how to fix a fan, a computer geek showing how to make cute animations in flash, a doctor interacting and telling all about the profession etc.
Is there any specific day, time to come ?
No, you can come any time (between 8:30 to 4pm), any day(Monday to Thursday). We will coordinate with you.
You can come for few hours to our Indira nagar campus OR and you can come and stay with us at our O-campus(in Hosur).
What all I need to bring?
Whatever you want to share. If there are any consumable by the kids - you can tell us we can procure or if you procure, we will be happy to reimburse.
- You can share what you do, how to do, what made you to do this? What all one needs to have to do this kind of work? What all challenges/ WOW?
- The interaction can be led by children or may be by you by asking "what do you think I do? why I do? who all can do? etc etc
How many children will be coming?
You may get many kids of few . Children will come and spend intial 30 min to get to knwo you and your work and further spend more time with you based on their interest. At times there would be 1 child or there could be 20 children depending on the interest
What will children learn in one interaction/ demonstration?
The objective is not to teach anything but to expose the child to various skills/ professions. If the child wants to learn, the child will take initiative and further connect with you. We believe children are natural learner - all they need is an environment and at live station you are part of that learning environment who is sharing your skills/ experience.