- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
Can a campus teach?
Aarohi Life education trust received as “gift” approx 5 acres of land from Deb Uncle. We create a campus that teaches?
- Teach habits of mind like responsibility, independence, self-reflection, sensitivity, etc.
- Teach thinking skills like wondering, wandering, analysis, decision making, problem solving, etc.
- Teach living with love and affection for environment, flora and fauna, and care for each stone and each glade of wind.
- Teach value of wishing, working and wisdom
- Teach the joy of learning and living together; Joy of simplicity, of earthiness, and of sensitivity.
- Teach scientific, mathematical and artistic thinking.
- Teach language of creativity and imagination.
Can a campus Teach? Yes, We believe a campus can be the very lap of learning
if it is conceived and developed just as mother nature;
if it offers constraints to children which make them think, do, learn, and live differently
Above development and constraints can be offered - for example:
A campus that teach children to be self sufficient by itself being self sufficient:
say, use water only from land and recycle all water
Using energy directly from sun and wind and if required pedal to light our lamps.
Ensure that no waste is wasted - (everything is recycled)
and many more such ideas are currently in action and some on anvil.
The Architectural Design of the campus is based on these three guiding principles:
- Design to build less
- Design to install and use less resources (like electricity, water, fixtures, furniture, etc)
- Design to cost less (to us and to environment) - so use cost effective, sustainable, environment friendly, local materials, which lead to less maintenance
The Design of the campus is based on these three usage requirements:
- Socially inviting - Open and community culture
- Emotionally cosy - Personal Spaces
- Mentally and physically Stimulating - Interesting Architentural contrains and elements
Also in the construction of the campus we have been involving:
- People from around the world who have innovated and created sustainable and sensible living spaces.
- Children who like to get their hands dirty as they work and learn.
- Local craftsman and workers - who are the soul of the local ecosystem where the campus is located.
You could join us in this exciting endeavor in any of the following ways:
- You could be an individual or a organisation which specialises in alternate architecture - innovating in terms of design, material (specially using waste / junk to build) or you have some simple ideas which make campuses simply charming.
- You could be an organisation that supports alternate micro energy initiatives (bio-waste energy, solar energy, wind energy, etc.
- You could be a expert in area of water harvesting and 100% water conservation.
- You could be somebody who has loads of ideas as to how to make a building teach children!
- Or you could be an individual or organisation which would like to financially support such a learning campus.
If you are excited by all the above and would like you / your organisation to be part of it - send us an email and we will connect and take it forward.