- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
I do - Action
LEARNING ENVIRONMENT AND CHILD AT AAROHI
The learning environment at Aarohi is structured around three areas Self, Community, and the Campus. Campus is further divided into campus development and maintenance. The depth of involvement, time spent on each area (we call them buckets), varies for both the campus and depends on the amount of time one spend at the campus.
- Self Development - A focused space for the child to work on areas like logic, language, nature, the body and/or enhancing skills or doing a 'deeper dive' into a specific learning area through actual hands-on work or application.
- Campus development (or Projects or land work) - We contribute to the development of campus - kitchen gardening, solar cooker, tree house, play area are some of the current project various people are working on. One can also choose any project which is a need of the campus (eg: new recipe, plantation, engineering something, construction related etc).
- Campus Care – Since the campus, the building, the vehicles etc serve us, we spend some time as community taking care of the campus. We care of resources and other needs to run campus by taking various responsibility like resources, stationery, library, maintenance, kitchen etc.
- Community Development – We live together, we contribute to develop the community. We meet in the morning to sing and dance, plan our day, share our reflection in thought club and play sports together. Social timings like sunshine, thought club, sports, open house etc where all members come together and spend time together.
Currently the learning opportunities come in the following form:
- Welcome - A quick exposure of various resources
- Sunshine - Social space with special focus on Music Intelligence.
- Planning - Plan day and week and share with the community
- Campus and Community Project - Work according to one's interest. Various exposures given to the child as background stimulation. Application of child's current learning, concepts skills, and abilities.
- Self Directed Learning - The child decides on specific learning goals and works on these.
- Outdoor and KAA (outstation trips) - Visiting places, meeting people to explore and learn.
- Live Station- Different professionals coming and sharing their journey,demonstration of their work.
- Thought club - Expression of thoughts, refection of the day and expression of dirt and appreciation.
- Reflection - Daily and weekly reflection to assess self.
- Floccinauccinihilipilification Time-Exposure to specific concept, idea, application etc.
- Campus Care - Social responsibility
- Learning Clubs - Different clubs as per the need and interest of the community.
- Courses -
- Special Week - Any content is explored intensively in one week with various resource people.