- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
Submitted by aditi on 21 December, 2018 - 11:35
Welcome to the Aarohi hotel paradise - A uniques place came alive at Aarohi for one of the lunch.
It's was an unique restaurant - fix the rate for your food, calculate the cost of your meal. Buy your lunch and take loan from the bank to pay your bill,
Restaurant manager worked hard to get the menu in place. Contacted various chefs and brought them under one roof to cook. Bank manager worked to understand money and counting.
The lunch was cooked by some special cooks of all ages - Lemon juice, Lassi, Fruit Juice, Egg fried rice, Miller Idli were part of the special menu.
The restaurant also helped to calculate the cost by displaying
- Cost for fixed cost - Rent, gas, material
- Variable cost - salary ( manager, chef, table service),
- Add tax ( AC or non AC ).
And chefs shared about their own costing
- Custard made with leftover biscuits crumbs, milk, fruits, sugar, .. worked for 1 hr.
- Mixed fruit punch - no artificial ingredients, made with musk melon, carrots, passion fruit, honey, jaggery, lemon...worked for 1-1/2 hrs.
- Mixed Veg salads - cut chop different veg, added coconut and worked for 1-1/2 hrs.
- Egg rice, worked for 1-1/2 hrs.
- Twisted lemonade with aromatic ingredients like cardamom, mint, chat masala... worked for 1-1/2 hrs.
- Lassi with curd and sugar..worked for 50 minutes.
- Millet Idli with sambhar and chutney...worked for uncounted hours.
And once you know how to fix the rate, in your group (5) debate/ discuss about the cost of your meal.
Some preferred Nom AC to avoid taxes, some choose “No table service” to save Rs 20/-, Some debated on cost of raw material while some on salary.
The unique restaurant created enough ripples...lunch had to be bought, it was not free. All kinds of costing, discussion came alive.