- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
Pan and Reflection
Submitted by aditi on 2 September, 2016 - 12:48
Imagine Aarohi where there are no tests and exams - because we believe that children can assess themselves, can reflect on this work on an ongoing basis. Also because children do not need to learn for some external objective (marks) but for their own love for learning.
At Aarohi we reflect on our day/week and assess ourselves. Self Assessment gets initiated at the time of planning and then happens:
- Informally during work and after work
- Formally at the end of the day and the end of the week
- Randomly, as decided by the child or Facilitator (or parents)
Self assessment is a mix of
- Preparation (in planning) - what to reflect about, what you assess on?
- Awareness (while working) - what, how I am doing, my feelings, thoughts, group dynamics etc.
- Reflection (at the end of work or day or week) - qualitative and quantitative mulling over of what, how, why etc.
- Inputs from Others - seeking feedback, criticism and suggestions from any or all around.
We reflect in many different ways and bring many things around - connect with them and reflect through them. Recently we PAN (beetle leaves with some more additions in it makes it sweet, crunchy, minty, nutty, soft etc) was in our menu list. We took this opportunity and used for our reflection.
Imagine your day as a pan (beetle nut leaves) and relate with your day. Reflect on each task and imagine what was - sweet, crunchy, mint, nutty, soft, chewy , colorful, spit out, and digestive in your day.